Saturday 22 March 2014

Scarfs from "left overs"

A few years ago, I was so lucky to get a big bag filled with "left over" fabrics from different fashion companies. I off course thought that left over fabric, meant small pieces of fabric in "fat quarter" sizes. But to my big surprise, some of the fabric left overs were so big that you easily could make a skirt out of them!

One part of me were horrified, that the companies could just throw fabric away like that. The other part of me were just thrilled, because I now had a bag filled with fabric, that I could use to almost anything.

So I started with the smaller pieces, which you can see aren't small at all, to sew some scarfs. 





If you scroll down a little, you will find the jumpsuit that I made for my sister. And the colored fabric on the one half, is actually also some of the left over fabric. Right now I am working on 2 skirts, from the leftover fabric, and I will post them as soon as they are done :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment